The New Haven Hose Company, a volunteer fire company, was founded in 1898. In over 100 years of service, New Haven Hose Company members have provided freely of their time and talent in the service of their community. Originally of service to the Borough of New Haven (now the West Side of Connellsville), the company increased their service area in 1909 when the Borough voted in favor of consolidating with the Borough of Connellsville (the East Side of the Youghiogheny River) to become the City of Connellsville. The City of Connellsville then had two fire-fighting organizations, the paid City Fire Department (a carry-over from the Borough of Connellsville), and the New Haven Hose Company volunteers, which both still exist. In 1992 the New Haven Hose Company began their sponsorship of the New Haven Hose Company Pipe Band. The band averages 15 active members, five (5) of whom are members of the New Haven Hose Company. Since 1992, the band which is primarily a marching unit, also has participated in local performances and competitions.
More Links of The Same Owner
Bookmark and share this link: