The origins of the Lothian and Borders Police Pipe Band can be traced back to the 1880's when the Edinburgh City Police Pipe Band evolved from more modest beginnings within an Edinburgh Municipal Band.
This new band was to be led for around 10 years by Pipe Major Norman Graham. Graham approached John Arnot, part of a well-known drumming family living in the south side of Edinburgh, to assemble a drum corps for the new band. Prior to this event the band had existed as a pipe corps only. Although he failed to capture any major prizes during his time in charge, photographs of the day show that Graham had assembled a good sized band, which went on to win the Harry Lauder Shield at Cowal Games twice, before the outbreak or the first World War. -
Created: 09/24/2005 ::
Clicks this month: 1 :: Clicks in this month: 0
Clicks total: 446 :: Clicks in total: 0