Milngavie is situated to the North of Glasgow, in central Scotland.
Situated in the heart of Milngavie, in Ashfield Road, it first appeared on a map dated as far back as 1807. It belonged to the Mains' Estate. It was the only building west of the Main Street. Stretched from the river Allander in a westerly direction, as Gavin's mill, its northern boundary was Craigdhu Road. See map from 1860. Although the building was recorded at this time, its construction points to a date before 1800. The Ashfield cottage, so was called the building at that time, had a thatched roof.
More Links of The Same Owner
Bookmark and share this link: