47th Culter Boys Brigade Pipe Band and Culter and District Pipe Band The Culter Pipe Bands have a long and proud history spanning more than six decades. In 1938, the 47th Culter Boys Brigade Pipe Band was formed and played for many years at Boys' Brigade parades and local events. By 1980, the band became members of the Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association and from then began a period of rapid growth and great success.
1983 saw another significant event with the formation of our senior band - Culter and District - who adopted Rob Roy with the BB crest on his shield as their emblem, symbolising the band’s roots with the BB and the village of Peterculter.
Continuing success through the 80s, 90s and to the present day have seen the bands winning two world championships and gaining worldwide recognition and respect.