|Bagpipes and irish flute for weddings, funerals and parties available in 200 mile radius of st. louis, missouri|
A top level competition piper with over 30 years of experience playing for various events, including weddings, funerals, party's and rock concerts.
Plays Irish Uilleann pipes, Irish Flute, Scottish Small pipes and Scottish Highland pipes.
Check out www.gerules.com for pictures, sound samples and video clips. Also, check out www.myspace.com/georgegerules for more pictures, music and video clips.
Some of the more notable highlights over the years include playing:
- as a member in Mark Miller's production of Drummer Boy 2008. Go to www.stikyard.com for the DVD and more info.
- with members of the St. Louis Symphony for the Holiday Brass concert in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- with The Chieftains for their most recent St. Louis concert.
- in the All-Ireland (World Championships) on Uilleann bagpipes in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- for Chris Pronger's (St. Louis - Blues Hockey) wedding.
- Highland pipes in Philip Stendek's aggressive rock band ResistAll. We played in most of the hard rock venues in St. Louis and we opened for the rock group The Urge for a couple of shows. Check out youtube videos here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Gb7uOvQk0 - Andy Renwick's Ferret set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmZtB-UT9GE - Big set with bagpipes!
- Uilleann pipes on jazz singer Beth Tuttle's Christmas Kiss CD.
- in numerous St. Louis TV commercials. The most notable was for a developer for the St. Charles county Aberdeen subdivision.
- on many St. Louis Radio stations at one time or another over the past few years. Most recently on KMOX and KUFO in support of the Holiday Brass Concert shows. In the past I have been on KTRS several times for 9/11 rememberances.
- on most of the local TV news shows at one time or another over the past few years.
- for a video for KETC CH9 (PBS) a few years back.
- for Intel corporation's 25th year celebration back when I lived in northern California.
- for numerous corporate promotionals ranging from department stores to amusement park conventions.
- in 5 different productions of Brigadoon through the years.
- in international competitions with the KC St. Andrew's Grade 2 and 1 band back in the 1980's.
- as Pipe Sergeant for the San Fancsico Grade 2 pipe band Park Street Bridge.
- as Pipe Sergeant for the St. Louis Grade 3 pipe band Inveraan 3 different times.
- pipes, flute and whistle with the Scottish and Irish folk group Duddy Breeks. www.myspace.com/duddybreeks
- pipes, flute and whistle with the Irish folk group Mulligan Stew.
- Won over 40 - 60 solo competition events as a Highland piper through the years around the US.
- Currently an open/professional class player with the mid-west pipe band association.